Ramsey Adult School -
(Beginners and not so)
Monday Evenings, 7:30 - 8:30pm
Starting Oct 6
Thursday Evenings, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
Starting Oct. 2
For Information & Registration, Contact:
Ramseyadultschool.com or 201-327-2025
Upper Saddle River Library -
(Beginners and not so)
Thursday Mornings 10:00 - 11:00am
Next 10-week session begins Sept. 4
(Note: you do not have to be a library member to register for this class)
For Information & Registration Contact:
Upper Saddle River Library
In the studio at Meadow Art & Design, 2-14 Fair Lawn Ave., Fair Lawn, NJ
Chi Gong: Beyond Basics
8 classes Oct. 7th - Nov.25th, Tuesday evenings 7:30 – 8:30 pm
Including: Self Healing Qi Gong, Buddah Hands, Wu Qin Xi – Five Animal forms. (Basic experience in Qi Gong required for this class)
$120.00 for 8 sessions
Classes will be limited to 10 students max.
if you are interested in attending "Chi Gong: Beyond Basics," Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send checks payable to: Bart D’Andrea, MAIL TO: PO Box 822, Saddle River NJ 07458
Reduce STRESS, Promote TRANQUILITY, Restore ENERGY in the Workplace…
Early a.m. • Lunchtime • Mid-Afternoon Break
I can tailor a Chi Gong class for your company
To inquire about organizing a Chi Gong class for your company, organization or club, click here.
Qi or Chi—Energy or Life force or can also mean breath. It is the basis of all traditional Chinese healing arts, from acupuncture to herbal medicine. Gong—work or skill. Chi Gong—energy work or breathing exercise, “An expertise at working with Life Force Energy.”
There are thousands of styles of Chi Gong but they all fall into three major categories:
1. Martial—method of combat
2. Medical—Forms to move chi through the body along with acupuncture to effect healthy change in the body.
3. Spiritual—Meditative practice, meditation stillness with soft moving forms.
- Rejuvenating the body - helps to lower blood pressure.
- Calming the mind - Evaporate stress.
- Being Present - Moment awareness connected to the here and now.
- Transforming negative emotions - Emotionally empowering.
- Improving Relationships - Connecting positively with others.
- Experience Flow - Connected to your sense of purpose.
- Creative balance - Creating harmony.
- Enhancing performance - By enhancing clarity, creativity, and self actualization.
- Connecting to the divine - To feel part of the Universe regardless of what you call the Divine.
DOING CHI GONG ON A DAILY BASIS MAY INCREASE LONGEVITY
I teach Quan Yin (soft forms), Sheng Zhen and a combination of many other styles dealing with the five elements of Metal, Water, Fire, Earth and Wood—their forms, colors, sounds, and emotions.
Interested in learning more about chi gong and how Chinese medicine views healing the body? Below are some books to get you started....
Mysteries of the Life Force: My Apprenticeship with a Chi Kung Master, by Peter Meech
The Web That Has No Weaver: Understanding Chinese Medicine, by Ted Kaptchuk
Between Heaven and Earth: A Guide to Chinese Medicine, by Harriet Beinfield, L.Ac & Efrem Korngold, L.Ac., O.M.D.